Friday, May 15, 2009

Submitted (x2) !

2 papers submitted in one day! Woohoo!

I think I accomplished enough work this week!

One paper was submitted to a BIG journal and I sort of doubt it will be accepted there, but my advisor thought it was worth a shot! It's some data that I collected my first year of my PhD (like ... 3 years ago), so I am pretty excited to get it written and out to the world! It's been a long writing processes with my advisor (my only co-author on this one) and I am excited to be done with it! Also, it counts toward my "Big 10" goal, so please keep your fingers crossed that the reviewers like my ideas as much as I do!!

The second paper is even "older". It's data from my Masters work that has been written in various forms and submitted multiple times. But I really think it's in the proper context now, so I am hopeful that the mid-to-low-level journal that we sent it to will like it! And it would be nice to be DONE with my master's work (except one more little bit of data, but my old labmate is now in charge of that paper and some more data is being collected this summer by my old advisor ... so it's pretty much out of my hand except some editting!)!

Overall, a pretty good week! And a busy weekend/week coming up!!!

No comments: