Friday, January 30, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
I swear, the Little Town is going to ruin snow for me!
As a true-Buffalo girl, I really enjoy snow! Sure 100 days of snow gets to you sometimes (could it be the lack of sun and seasonal effective disorder?), but overall I really like snow! The big white fluffy flakes, the mounds of snow taller than me, brushing the powder off of my car! I love it all! Ry & I are even planning a winter wedding in Buffalo! Who does that?
Here's just a few reasons why the Little Town is killing snow for me:
- It snowed 3 inches (yay!), now it is raining (boo!)!
- The rain is quickly turning to a layer of ice over EVERYTHING!
- The Little Town ignores the side streets on the "bad" side of town (where I live) and thus, there has been no plow down the street I park on.
- The main street that I live on did finally get plowed. At 9:30am. 12 hours after the snow started.
- My university did not close, despite the fact that people get around this tall, tall mountain through a bus system, and despite the fact the 4 other universities within a 5 mile radius have all closed. This makes people in my department (on the very tallest part of the mountain) angry.
- The university did (eventually) plow the parking lot and shovel the walk to the door. They did not, however, salt anything, which is a problem (see #2 above).
- Half of the department dd not make it in today, for various winter storm related reasons. Normally, I would not be affected by this, but we have a job candidate here that we're courting, so I had to go "play nice" for a few hours (like I have nothing else to do).
- Did I mention the rain/ice?
Ok ... so only 8 that I came up with off of the top of my head.
I hope the rain stops soon and everyone salts so that I can do laundry and drive the 20 minutes to Joe's house tonight to watch LOST!!
Happy Snow Day to those of you lucky enough to take advantage of it! (RYGUY!!!!!!)
Monday, January 26, 2009
My friends Becky & Colin will be taking part in this year's March of Dimes March for Babies!
Colin is an adorable little guy and I am so excited that he is already trying to do good in the world (he's not even 1-year-old yet!)! Click here to read Becky's post about it!
Please consider making a donation by either clicking through Becky's blog or clicking on the widget below! I know lots of my readers have had baby during this last "year of the baby", so I hope you consider giving just $5 or $10!
Thanks everyone!!!! And best of luck to Becky & Colin!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Sometimes it's nice to spend a day without drama.
Ry & I had a wonderful time with L & N (and puppy!) on Saturday. No drama, just wonderful friends!
And we can't wait to spend next weekend with my visiting family! (Happy Birthday Kel!!!!)
Maybe to be drama-less, I need to work less ....
Posted by Sneks at 9:35:00 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009
Though Christmas was weeks ago, I feel like Ry & I are just recovering from all of the fun!
The day after Christmas, we shuffled off to Buffalo to spend a week with my family and friends! In addition to the usual tiredness that comes along with a whirlwind trip home, I started off the week recovering from my sinus infection/bad cold. And then, just 30 hours into the trip home, I came down with another horrific cold! I was coughing like crazy and went through 3 boxes of my mom's tissues. Oh, and 2 bottles of mine/Kel's cold medicine. So, I spent the week in a drug-induced haze! But none the less, we managed to squeeze in some good stuff:
- a wonderful night celebration with Anna & Gorgeous, BF Kimmy & her hubby and ADORABLE Ally!, and Feen, his super-cute son, his baby's mama and her two other really sweet kids! Yummy drinks from the awesome margaritaville blender and lots of video games and chatting! I miss everyone already!
- a fun morning with Steph, Katie & Andrew! That Katie grows so quick!
- a fun celebration with the family (mom, dad, lil' bro, Kel, big bro, sis-in-law & Nephew)! They were all nice enough to wait 2 full days before opening Christmas gifts so that Ry and I could celebrate with them! Such fun!
- Ry went to a football game with Gorgeous while I shopped with mom & Kel! I LOVE after christmas deals!
- 2 awesome trips with Nephew: the Aquarium & the Science Museum! Super fun! He is such a little grown-up now (I mean, he's 5!!! Jeez!)
- New Year's Eve with my future husband (just 2 years now!!) and my great mom at the casino having a GREAT time!
- Playing board games with the family -- we enjoyed the Yatzee and Mad Gab that we got for Christmas! Mad Gab is absolutely hysterical!! Kel and I almost peed our pants we were laughing so hard!!
- Dinner at Chili's with the whole family on my lil' bro (to make up for him accidentially giving our christmas gift to my other brother!)!
- An awesome lacrosse game! The family now all has season tickets, and they got us a few seats too!
- And the girls and I finished off the trip with a Bridal Show, which even led to a a few wedding deals (YAY!)! Plus it was so fun to hang out with my mom, sis-in-law, Kel and Anna (we missed you Kimmy!)!
Can you believe we did all that and more? Even with our illnesses?? Crazy! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year everyone!
A few photos ... I think the illness made me less likely to take a picture! Probably too busy coughing or sneezing to get the shot!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Top 5 reasons why I am excited about Barack Obama:
4) It's nice to listen to an educated, eloquent, decent person as he leads our nation (for a change)
2) Michelle's great fasion choices! (Fabulous dress this morning! With green shoes and gloves -- LOVE IT! Can't wait to see the ball gown tonight!)
1) Rory Gilmore surely still has a job. Yes, I am talking about the Gilmore Girls! I like to think she's moved to DC to be part of Obama's press!