Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lockdown!!!

I am in the final stretch of this whole PhD thing.

I hope.

I don't actually know for sure, because I have had little feedback from my advisor.

But I am just in the mind set that I will be graduating come May!  As I have been for the last year!

If I just keep saying it, it will eventually be true, right?

Anyway ... this finally push has led me to be on "lockdown" to get all of the writing done.  I decide that this Wednesday - Sunday would be solely dedicated to dissertation stuff. 

It's Day 4 and I am starting to go crazy, but it's getting done!

I spent Day 3 at Panera, in a quasi-old-school writing day scenario.  It went pretty well, so I am thinking I will be spending Day 5 there too.  Despite the fact that I know RyGuy will be a little annoyed that I will go there and leave him alone all day.  But I just need to be DONE and am willing to do what I need to in order to finish!

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

My adviser once told me, if you fail at dissertation time, it is your advisers fault!! You'll be fine
Good luck! I am uber jealous, but I'll get there eventually.

http://www.buscounapareja.com.ar said...

Quite awesome article. I simply stumbled upon your web site and wanted to say that I've definitely loved searching your website posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon