Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hate email

I got "hate" email about a recent paper that I published on my research.

I am so excited!

I know it sounds silly to be excited about mail from someone that disagrees with your work, but, in this case, it is a good thing! The paper we wrote goes against a popular hypothesis. So, I kind of wanted it to upset some people!

So "European Grad Student who works on Popular Hypothesis" decided to write me (his "colleague") to ask some questions. Unfortunately, he didn't actually have any questions. It's more like he wrote statements with question marks at the end and then answered the "questions" himself.

My reply:

Mr. "European Grad Student who works on Popular Hypothesis",
Thank you for the interest in our paper! Best of luck with your work on Popular Hypothesis!
Cheers!
Sneks

Too nice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha- i think your response is perfectly snarky! love it.