Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday = Finished

YAY!

As I said earlier in the week, I wanted a complete draft of my proposal off of my desk this week.

And, at 3:30 on Friday afternoon, I finished it!

YAY!

I know it is not really complete (I will surely think of 20 ways to change it and then get all the feedback from my advisor and (currently non-existant) committee members), but at least I now have a complete working copy. And I hope to defend my proposal (which means have a closed oral presentation with my committee) before the end of the year.

This is very exciting!! Now I will go forth and celebrate (or have some diet coke and relax with friends all night)!!



Oh, and on a side academic note -- one of my papers was cited AGAIN today. How weird is that? It's like all of a sudden my papers have become popular! 3 citations in a month -- totally weird. Maybe other scientists don't pay attention to their citation rate, but I get excited when I get cited. Maybe because I am shocked that anyone even read my paper!