This was a very busy work week for me.
Here's a laundry list of the highlights that when on this week in the Little Town:
- Taught my last lab of the semester!
- Helped an oldest labmate J with her dissertation defense preparation
- Tried to be a good hostess for oldest labmate J
- Bought plane tickets for field work in Jamaica
- Bought plane tickets for conference in Monterey
- Booked hotel for conference in Monterey
- Finished review paper edits and sent to Nate for submission
- Almost finished my research slides for the local symposium in 3 weeks
- Had beers and dinner with most-awesome-scientist that did his dissertation work on the same fish I am working on
- Got invited to Costa Rica to do field work with most-awesome-scientist next breeding season
- Also got invited to co-author a paper with most-awesome-scientist on study he wants help with in the field (read -- BIG DEAL)
- Learned how to video conference
- Watched the oldest J in my lab defend her dissertation work and do very well
A busy week, but didn't accomplish nearly enough (notice that I didn't have a lot of research on that list above). How can I do so much, yet have so much to do? Does everyone feel this way, or just grad students?