Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Yikes! Mid-December Update

The month is half-over, and here is how the goals are coming along:

  • Finish draft of Experiment 1 paper and get it to advisor (ASAP!)
    Done! The draft is complete and it is off to the advisor. He told me yesterday that he "forgot" he was supposed to be reading it. Sigh.
  • Collect HALF the data for Experiment 2
    I have started collecting data .... but have a LOT more to go!
  • Finish getting replicates for Experiment 2 (just 1 or 2 more!)
    If my fish would just ... lay eggs ... I would be a happier person.
  • Start draft of Experiment 2 paper
    It's in my head, just not written down yet!
  • Finish getting replicates for Widow paper (3 more!)
    Again ... if my fish would just f...
  • Get CR field paper from co-author, edit & submit
    This is really starting to annoy me. I wrote up this paper on data from another scientist ... and got it to him 6 weeks ago ... and he hasn't even bothered to look at it yet. If I don't get a response about it in the next week, I am going to have to get on this guy!
  • Apply for 1 more job (until post doc season starts)
    Actually managed to apply for 2, but hope more will be posted and will be able to apply to those too! I am really hoping to hear something good about all of these applications soon!

Here's hoping I have a super productive week and get a crazy amount of work done before Christmas and traveling to Buffalo for New Years! I have a committee meeting in 4 weeks and have to convince my committee to let me graduate in May. So I gotta get my ass in gear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting variant