I swear, the Little Town is going to ruin snow for me!
As a true-Buffalo girl, I really enjoy snow! Sure 100 days of snow gets to you sometimes (could it be the lack of sun and seasonal effective disorder?), but overall I really like snow! The big white fluffy flakes, the mounds of snow taller than me, brushing the powder off of my car! I love it all! Ry & I are even planning a winter wedding in Buffalo! Who does that?
Here's just a few reasons why the Little Town is killing snow for me:
- It snowed 3 inches (yay!), now it is raining (boo!)!
- The rain is quickly turning to a layer of ice over EVERYTHING!
- The Little Town ignores the side streets on the "bad" side of town (where I live) and thus, there has been no plow down the street I park on.
- The main street that I live on did finally get plowed. At 9:30am. 12 hours after the snow started.
- My university did not close, despite the fact that people get around this tall, tall mountain through a bus system, and despite the fact the 4 other universities within a 5 mile radius have all closed. This makes people in my department (on the very tallest part of the mountain) angry.
- The university did (eventually) plow the parking lot and shovel the walk to the door. They did not, however, salt anything, which is a problem (see #2 above).
- Half of the department dd not make it in today, for various winter storm related reasons. Normally, I would not be affected by this, but we have a job candidate here that we're courting, so I had to go "play nice" for a few hours (like I have nothing else to do).
- Did I mention the rain/ice?
Ok ... so only 8 that I came up with off of the top of my head.
I hope the rain stops soon and everyone salts so that I can do laundry and drive the 20 minutes to Joe's house tonight to watch LOST!!
Happy Snow Day to those of you lucky enough to take advantage of it! (RYGUY!!!!!!)