Sunday, September 28, 2008

Buffalo, Baptism, Babies & Nephew

The title of this post really is alliterative, as Nephew's name starts with a B also! Oh alliteration!
As per usual, Ry & I had a super fabulous time in Buffalo!
We spent some good times with the folks and the lil' bro & his awesome gf. Lots of yummy Buffalo food and lots of cards (fun new rummy game!)! There's just something great about sitting around the table in the backyard and playing cards with the family! After staying up late (almost midnight!), we all got up at 8am to try to get some Wiis (Nephew's 5th birthday is coming up soon!), but didn't get any (though I think we're up to a combined 4 systems now!!)!
We also spent a beautiful day at the zoo with Nephew, big bro and sis-in-law. It's been years since I went to the Buffalo Zoo (since Nephew was only 2!), so I was excited. It looked great, there was an animal I had never even heard of in the new rainforest exhibit, and I think we all had a super great time! I also got to go to Nephew's house and meet his cute little bunny (named Mojo, after Transformers!)!
And the main event -- the whole reason we drove the 6+ hours home -- the baptism of baby Ally! I forgot to bring my camera, but she was the cutest thing in her beautiful white dress! And she didn't cry at all when the water was poured over her head! And we celebrated with a picnic at a local park. It was great to see everyone -- including little Nolan (see below), the son of our good friend (and my junior prom date!). It was chilly, but I think we all had too much fun to care!
We can't wait for our next visit -- just a few weeks until Nephew's birthday party!
I swear my Nephew will be some sort of scientist someday!
*************************
"Aunt Sneks, why do you always have to take so many photos of me??"
***********************
Baby Nolan is the cutest! He really like pulling my hair!
(I think the drizzle also helped to make my hair look oh-so-cute)

No comments: