Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Goodbye Texas ... FOREVER!!!

After 17 hours of travel, that included much time at airports, 2 planes and a bus, I finally made it home to Ry & the Little Town!

Let's just say, I couldn't be any happier to end my field work!


I'll spare you the boring stories of spending 3 weeks in a small town, 5 hours of travel for 2 hours of work, and the desire to kill my advisor! The highlight of the trip was the "Terlingua Pub Crawl 2008" (which means Joe & I drank at the ONLY 3 bars within an 80 mile radius)!


Here are a few photos for you!


A few mating pupfish (male on left (silver), female on right (brownish)).
I took more than 100 of these stupid photos!

*******************************

2 male pupfish in a throw-down battle!
*************************

A different species of pupfish that we were able to swim with at a little state park!
******************

I love fish shoals!
********************

Me & Joe at Santa Elena Canyon (in our kick-ass hats)!
The left part of the canyon (behind me) is Mexico and the right side is the US, with the Rio Grande running between them!
**************************

The roadrunner that lived with us!
(This photo is for Nephew, who asked if we'd really see roadrunners in the desert!)

No comments: