Sunday, September 03, 2006

Chicka Chicka Cherry Chicken!

Another recipe for you!

This is Ry's favorite meal that we make. It's modified from "The New Dieters Cookbook" (which I picked up at a used bookstore for $1.25). For some reason, I am not very good at actually following recipes, which may be why I will never be good at biological techniques and why I study behavior.

Here's how I make the yummy Cherry Chicken dish:

Cook up two chicken skinless, boneless chicken breasts. We usually just make them in the frying pan with cooking spray, but I think if you baked them instead the chicken would probably be more juicy.

When the chicken is almost done, start the sauce. In a small sauce pan, combine 3/4 cup of cherry jam or preserves, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper. Heat on low for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Combine sauce and chicken and heat on low for about 5 minutes.

We serve with wild & long grain rice (Ry's a huge fan of the Uncle Ben's 90 second microwave rice pouches) and a green veggie (last night we had steamed broccoli with cheese).

If you care about such things, I think 1 serving has less than 500 calories (sans cheese on the broccoli). Most importantly, it is YUMMY!!

No comments: