Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mid-Month Goal Post, October!

Here's my mid-month goal update!!

  • Collect & analyze ALL data from Experiment 1b
    This is started ... but only just ...
  • Write significant draft for Experiment 1 paper
    Also started! Intro & Methods written, and half the graphs and results done!
  • Start collecting data for Experiment 2
    Not yet ....
  • Finish getting replicates for Experiment 2
    I am getting there ... keep your fingers crossed and I might actually finish this soon!
  • Finish & submit pesky Thesis paper
    Well ... I sent it to my co-authors and my old advisor sent an email 2 days ago that almost seemed as though he was looking at it (since he asked me a question about what tests we actually did). Hopefully it will be out to review by Halloween!
  • Write significant draft of CR field paper and get it out to co-authors
    Done! Advisor read it, suggested I re-write it, I re-wrote it, he re-read it and liked it, and it has been sent to co-author down south! Hope he likes it too!
  • Get together some lectures for a bunch of classes I agreed to teach the first week of November (hmmm... not even sure what these are about really...)
    Had a 3 minute conversation with the instructor about this and he made some vague noises and jumped on my suggestions for lecture topics ... so I guess I will get together some lectures?
  • Finish applying for jobs (until post doc season starts)
    Most applications are out! But I am still waiting on some other things before I can get the final ones out!

OK ... looking better than September so far!

No comments: