Monday, July 16, 2007

Sneks at the movies

Sneks' movie opinions:

  • Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire:
    A-
    Another great Potter movie (but, the books are ALWAYS better)
  • Transformers
    B+
    More than meets the eye

I enjoyed Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix.

Sure, it was like the writters tried to shove in every detail possible and therefore it was a bit rushed at times. And, for those few people in the world that have yet to read the 5th Potter book (ahem, Ry), very important aspects of the movie may not seem as significant as they really are (i.e., the prophecy).

While I appreciated getting to see all of the cool side story stuff (I love the Weasley twin's fireworks (as written in the book)), I think a few more minutes should have been used to explain to the audience true connection between Harry & Voldermort and how it came about.

But, overall, I found it quite enjoyable. I doubt there is anyway I could have totally hated it. I recommend spending the $8 to see it in the theater. (I am also trying to swing a trip to see it in IMAX, and if I do, I'll let you know!)

Also, I should note that I was dragged kicking and screaming to see Transformers this weekend (not really, as it was at the drive-in which I LOVE). I had actually prepared myself all week to go see it. Ry was so excited (and I support his dorkiness by bringing him back a Transformers banner from when I bought my new car).

And -- much to my surprise -- it was good! I mean, not award-winning good, but quite entertaining, funny, good acting, and good action. Oh, and the chick in it was gorgeous. But the kid from that old Disney Channel show cracks me up!

Girls -- I say you surprise your man and take him to go see Transformers. He'll think you're the best for going to a "guy" movie! And you can definitely manage to sit through this for 2 hours without wanting to kill yourself (I would NOT recommend Die Hard 18 (or whatever number it was))!

More posts soon about my summer adventures (and not just the 9 hours I wasted watching movies in the week that I have been back home)!

No comments: