Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Harry Potter!

On this, Harry Potter's 27th birthday (if he were a real person), I thought I would tell you what I thought of the seventh and final book "Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows".


I LOVED IT!


Perhaps the best book ever written. Ever.


In the 10 days that I have owned the book, I have actually read it twice, because it was just that good.


I have always loved J.K. Rowlings' writing style. She writes in a way that makes me want to keep reading to find out what happens next. Also, she reveals things that are of the utmost importance in current books that she may have casually mentioned in past books. And introduces new plot twists even as she is wrapping up others.


I really felt that Book 7 was good closure for the series. As much as I looked forward to the book, I dreaded it. I didn't think that I would be satisfied with any ending that J.K. came up with. But it was obvious that she already knew how the book would end when she started Book 1, 17 years ago. And I appreciate that.


Also, I just thought it was so cool that while I was reading the book MILLIONS of other people across the world were also reading the book. When has that ever happened before? That MILLIONS of people on this planet were all united by something? And not something awful, but something good and thoughtful and intelligent and entertaining and wonderful?


The book made me laugh and cry. I cried tears of joy and tears of sadness. I can't think of the last book that entertained me so much!


And so, while I am disappointed that it is all over, I am happy that it all ended so well. And I look forward to reading these books again in the future!!


And, if you somehow have avoided the Harry Potter mania -- dive into it now. You won't regret it!

No comments: