Monday, May 07, 2007

Driving Ms. Sneks

As most of you already know, Ry and I got into a car accident a few days back.

It wasn't our fault and everyone was OK, so we're very grateful.

Well, I did get a fat lip and some bruises and burns across my face from the airbag. And Ry did bruise the back of his hand. So we told people he backhanded me for talking back to him. Because domestic abuse is funny. Like suicide and abortion.

Anyway, we though you'd enjoy our pictures below. The dark ones are from the night of the accident and the light ones are from when we went to say goodbye to my car that only had 40,000 miles on it that they totaled. Sadness.

For now, Ry is driving me around and Hamster_Grrl is nice enough to let me use her car while she is down under.

At least I get to buy a new car. After my many summer travels! Any suggestions??

*************************
The bumper was now in the backseat.
******************

There was some crunching around the wheel that prohibited me from opening the door!
*********************

Ry, posing by my sad car!
We didn't think the damage was that bad, but Geico calls the shots!
***************

The airbags cause some damage to the windshield (yes, it broke from the inside).
********************************
A fifth hubcap. Hmm. Probably belonged to the crazy girl that turned left in front of us, yet it ended up in my backseat!
********************

3 comments:

hamster_grrl said...

Holy Crap, that is some serious car crunching.

Seriously, I hope you are using my car, it will get lonely, plus it will make it worth the trip to get the parkings sticker for me.

I am glad the lip is healing. domestic violence. heh heh.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you are both OK. Jenny told me that a Vibe is in the running for the replacement car. I do like mine! Or I did when it lived in my garage.....

SLM said...

God, I am so glad that both of you are ok. When Ryan drives you, do you sit in the back seat like in "Driving Miss Daisy"? He can drive you down here to the "Piggly Wiggly" :) I am glad you guys were not hurt.