About a week ago, Hamster_grrl tagged me for a meme! So, after much thinking, here are 6 weird things about me (though, obviously, I don't think they are all that weird ...)
1. I edit as I read. Whenever I read anything, I edit for typos and grammar. I also do it during powerpoint presentations. It’s annoying. I will often be distracted from a really good topic by misplaced commas or apostrophes. I think I’d make a good copy-editor some day.
2. I LOVE the smell of bleach. LOVE it. Cleaning supplies in general. It’s not just that I like the smell of a clean house, but I actually LOVE the smell of the products alone. But not the flowery kind, only those cleaners with bleach or citrus. They seriously make me a happy. Seriously. I also love the smell of new car, new shoes, leather (especially Ry’s coat), and wood.
3. I don’t have cable. I don’t think it’s all that weird, but a lot of other people think it is. I don’t have the time to really watch that much TV. And when I do watch TV, the 4 basic channels I get are fine. Besides, I’d rather waste my money on more important things. Like bleach.
4. I love to bake, but don’t really like baked goods. I’m not really a fan of sweet foods. As a kid, my brothers would eat my ice cream and I would eat the cone. And I never ate chocolate. I do eat sweets now, but most of the time I would rather bake them than eat them.
5. I am a sitter. No, I’m not talking about posture. I sit for things: babies, animals, houses. To give a rough estimate, I have “sat” for more than 50 children, 21 cats, 6 houses, 3 dogs, 2 gerbils and too many fish to count. I don’t know how it started, but it’s fun to “borrow” people’s pets and children.
6. I have had 15 jobs (that I got paid for (& was taxed by the government)): Anderson’s RB & Custard; NYS Animal Care Technician; Whale Researcher; Old Navy; Target; Alumni Annual Fund Call Center; Whale Educator; Museum gift shop; biology teaching assistant; trendy boutique; resident assistant; Citizen’s Campaign for the Environment; telemarketer; elementary school science teacher; and I am currently a teaching assistant.
Do YOU know anything else about me that's weird? Post it in a comment!