Sunday, November 26, 2006

Black Friday = Death of NaBloPoMo

Curses. Foiled again.

I wasn't able to blog every day for the month of November.

It was Black Friday that did me in.

For the first 5.5 hours of Black Friday, I was in line at Circuit City and then wrestling people for good deals (more on that soon).

The next 3.5 hours were spent shopping around the mall and getting annoyed with other bargain-hunters.

Then Ry and I spent 4 hours trying to get in a bit of sleep, showering, eating, and packing up the car with all of our purchases, all of our luggage, and all of the Christmas gifts my crazy family sent home with us, since we won't be back with them until after the holidays (they are too generous).

Then it was 7 hours of taking turns driving and sleeping (never driving while sleeping) all the way back to the Little Town.

We then spent 1.5 hours unpacking my car and packing up his car with half of the items from my car for him to drive back to his own little town.

Which left me alone in my house with 2.5 hours to write a blog. Purely exhausted, I reached for my laptop and turned on.

No wireless internet.

My grad student poverty prevents the purchase of my own internet connection. So I faithfully rely on "Shishwlan", the higher being who provides me with a connection to cyberspace.

All hail Shishwlan.

Who apparently also takes time off for the Thanksgiving holiday. I guess even higher-beings need a day off for family, turkey, and remarkable deals on electronics and sweaters. Regardless of my need to blog each day.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Stay tuned for photos of all of the fun Ry and I had during our Buffalo visit!

Miss you Buffalonians already!

No comments: