Monday, February 20, 2006

Spinal Nucleus of the Bulbocavernosus

Another exciting day in the world of Sneks.

I truly dislike Monday's because I have classes and meetings and things from 9am until 7pm (tonight I am stuck here until 9pm). But today was even better than usual because I had to present a paper in my behavioral ecology class (which I do just about every week) and I had to give a 30 minute presentation on a chapter in my advanced behavioral neuroendocrinology class entitled "Sexual Differentiation of the Brain and Behavior". Despite my lack of knowledge of brains and hormones, I threw together a snappy little powerpoint presentation that had lots of pictures (that would distract people from what I was actually saying).

All was going well until I got to the slide about sexual dimorphism in the spinal nucleus of the bulbocavernosus (SNB). The SNB is an area of the spinal cord that contains the neurons that are attached to the three muscles that are at the base of penis. Therefore, it is logical that the SNB would be larger in males than in females (see figure). I get this point across. And then I am interrupted by my professor. She adds to my explanation "Well, that makes sense because those are the muscles that control the WEENIE". Thank you Dr. S.

I can't wait to get my Ph.D.!

1 comment:

DancingFish said...

Your presentation was great. I only hope I can emmulate it next week!

"Do you want top or bottom?"